INTERVENTION RESOURCE CLASSROOM(S)
The Intervention Resource Classroom (IRC), Tulare County Office of Education and School District partnerships create a comprehensive educational and therapeutic addition. With a focus on the social emotional wellness of our students, Intervention Resource Classrooms core component is teaching students the skills necessary to educational success. Skill building is taught using evidence based social skills curriculum in conjunction with individualized therapeutic services.
Students in special education grades first through twelve experiencing various behavioral and emotional health needs are supported through an individualized fluid process. Students access IRC supports as needed with the overarching goal of positive full inclusion.
• Increase School Attendance
• Decrease School Suspensions
• Increase Academic Achievement
• Decrease Problem Behavior
• Increase Appropriate Skills
• Increase Parent Participation
IRC CORE COMPONENTS
• Therapeutic Support
• Academic Support (Core Intervention, Social Skills Curriculum)
• Applied Behavior Analysis
• Positive Behavior Support
• Individualized Skill Building (Coping Skills, Replacement Behavior)
• Social Skills Groups